Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the “Nicol”?
The Nicol Award is a national program designed to generate and reward interest in entrepreneurship on the part of undergraduate students in any faculty or field of study at participating universities across Canada.
2. Who can enter the competition?
The Nicol is open to full-time undergraduate students or teams of students in any faculty or field of study at any of the participating universities across Canada.
3. Which are the “participating universities” for 2014
The following seventeen universities are participating in the Nicol for 2014:
4. Can I enter if I am not an undergraduate student at a participating university?
Unfortunately, no. There is currently no provision for individuals to enter the Nicol unless they are undergraduate students at a participating university.
5. When and where are the local competitions?
Each participating university arranges its own competition schedule. All local competitions must be finished by February 28, 2014.
6. When and where are the National Finals?
The national finals will be held in Ottawa on March 24 and 25, 2014.
7. Who gets to participate in the National Finals?
The winning team from each university is entered into the national competition. Six of these teams are selected to come to Ottawa for the Nicol Finals.
8. What prize money is offered by the Nicol?
At each university, prize money is awarded to the winning teams as follows:
There is no additional prize money awarded to the national finalists or the national winner.